- ABOUT US
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Student Services
- Undergraduate Information Systems Majors
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Student Resources
- Women In Technology
- Internships & Co-ops
- Career Resources
- Professional Development
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Student Research
- NEWS & EVENTS
- INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Welcome to the College of Engineering and Information Technology
The College of Engineering and Information Technology (COEIT) at UMBC includes the Departments of Chemical, Biochemical & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, and Mechanical Engineering. Departments work collaboratively to exchange ideas with internal and external colleagues, which are housed at various locations on UMBC campus and at bwtech@UMBC, a 71-acre research and technology community.
COEIT and UMBC are dedicated to research, innovation, and education. The College works in partnership with state and federal agencies and industry to promote the transfer of research applications that benefit society. We distinguish ourselves by our continued commitment to cross-disciplinary research and education. We provide outstanding education opportunities to graduate and undergraduate students to contribute to the professional workforce in engineering, computer science, and information systems.
For more information about UMBC research activities and accomplishments, please visit UMBC Research. For more information on research efforts in the College and at UMBC, visit the following pages:
• Faculty Research Profiles. Here you can find out more about faculty research interests and links to their individual research pages.
• Individual Department Laboratories. Here you can find out more about where faculty members, students, and industry partners pursue new knowledge in their areas of specific interest.
• Departmental Centers. Here you can find out more about how Departments (sometimes in collaboration with other Department in the College and at UMBC) work together with students and industry partners to collaborate on highly-specialized research areas.
• University-wide Centers. Here you can find out more about organizations established by UMBC promote areas of research that involve faculty and student researchers with the College of Engineering and Information Technology and external research collaborators.
The College offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in various engineering, computer science, and information systems programs for full- and part-time students. We take full advantage of our location within the Baltimore-Washington corridor, and offer students and researchers unique and dynamic opportunities to explore and examine a wide variety of topics. UMBC is proud to be recognized as a national leader in higher education by the U.S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges Guide, which recently ranked UMBC #1 up-and-coming national university and #1 public national university in undergraduate teaching. UMBC has also been recognized as "One of America's Most Innovative Colleges." Programs in the College of Engineering and Information Technology are ranked for top enrollments and degrees in several areas. In the past year faculty, staff, and students within COEIT have won various awards for various research, service, and educational achievements.
If you are a prospective student, please contact the program that offers your program of interest for additional information. If you are a current student, I encourage you take advantage of the many opportunities available to you here at UMBC. If you are an alumnus, I ask you to keep in touch with us, and to help us to continue to provide unique opportunities for the next generation of UMBC graduates.
Discover our website. Learn about our exciting students and faculty. Explore our outstanding curriculum programs. Investigate our innovative research and industry partners. Check back here for exciting events and programs. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you again for visiting our web site.
Warren R. DeVries
College of Engineering and Information Technology